Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year's Resolution 2013

After reading a memoir by Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle, it reminds me that we all can pull ourselves out of chaos if we all had a dream, a vision, a desire to become better.  Many of my high school friends have known me more than 20 years now. They saw the old me and now want to be more like the new improved me.

I am 43 years old, but most people think I am ten years younger. In high school, I was shy, bullied, molested, and rejected. Now, I am the "butterfly", I share "Hope" to everyone I meet; that is my purpose - to share the good news about love, joy and peace.

This blog is to share what I have learned for the last 25 years. I will share what I do and how I do it. The categories below are the reasons why I am as I am. There will be many topics to help you live a life worth living while increasing your self-esteem, living younger, becoming wiser and most importantly, being a better person than you were the week before.

I hope you will join me on this journey for some DangGoodLiving.

Categories:
Quality of Life
Health
Fashion
Beauty
Money
Books: Self-Help, Non-Fiction, Leadership
Films
Music
Volunteerism
Church
Hobbies
Single Life
Entertaining: Recipes, Cocktails, Decorations
Art Events

What I would like to share first is a little book written by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig, How to Look Expensive: A Beauty Editor's Secrets to Getting Gorgeous without Breaking the Bank.  This book has a lot of great tips on getting great hair, nails, and make-up with whatever your budget is. It is not cheap. It's about $25 retail price.

I love books, but I can't afford to buy all of them, so here is a little secret on how I save on books. I get a membership at my local library. Before I buy a book, I check the online catalogue at my library.
If the book is there, I place it ON HOLD for $0.75 - which is a lot cheaper than $16.50 on Amazon.com or hpb.com.  If it is not there, I read the reviews to see if it's worth buying. I ALWAYS read the 3 good reviews and 2 bad reviews. This helps me to make a more informed decision.  Every dollar adds up. Make sure you really want the book before you buy it; otherwise, you will be wasting your time and money.  If you don't have the time to read through this book, I will have a short review on the items I think were important next week.


Please leave a comment if you think this is helpful. Good or bad, I would love your thoughts.


Written by Linh Dang
Founder of FreedomCollage


No comments:

Post a Comment